Sunday, November 30, 2008

Plastic Surgery Disasters by Dead Kennedys


The Dead Kennedy's second full-length shows that they do not fall into the trap of 'punks barely competent enough to play their own instruments'. In fact, East Bay Ray's guitar and Klaus Fluoride's bass intertwine into a beautiful effect, with Ray being all about psychedelic textures. The riff in "Moon Over Marin" is a fantastic example of this style, and Jello actually plays it down (vocally).

Then, you have the psychosis of "Well Paid Scientist", "Government Flu", "Halloween", and the classic "Riot". Fantastic, even with everything being too trebly for its own damn good.

But it's so damn good!

I thought of a funny at work last night, since I've been listening to the DK's more often lately...

Guy 1: "Hey, I can tell you've been listening to the Dead Kennedy's all day!"
Guy 2: "How? Is it because of my mohawk and spiked leather jacket with my Dead Kennedy's patch and "Nazi Punks Fuck Off!" t-shirt?"
Guy 1: "No, I can smell the Jello on you!"

click here once your gut is done busted

No comments: